Today’s purchase – Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Meals! I can’t wait to cook myself through 3 course meals in 30 minutes.
As always with Jamie’s amazing cookbooks he has his introduction pages and here is a segment where he talks about what is necessary for ‘Family Style Sharing.’ His important tools for sharing the eating experience are as follows.
I think they are just great present ideas in general for any occasion! Great ideas for those ‘hard to purchase for people.’
- Platters of all shapes and sizes – new or antique whichever suits the receivers style
- Beautiful large serving bowls that work for salads, soups, vegetables or deserts
- Large wooden chopping boards that look good enough to double as serving boards
- Mats, boards or even cute ceramic tiles to put trays, pots and pans on so you can take them directly from the oven to the table
- Frying pans and saucepans that look good enough to go straight to the table – this means the pan can do two jobs and means less washing! (a personal recommendation of mine is Scanpan! expensive but fantastic, and if you keep an eye out there are usually great sales at end of fin year and boxing day at DJ’s!)
- Teacups or cappuccino cups that can double as little dessert bowls. Mismatched can look sweet and doesn’t mean you have to purchase a huge set
- Pint glasses or jars to put cutlery in – not everyone sets the table!
- Little sauce and dip bowls
- Gravy boats and glass jugs for gravies and dressings
- A nice 1 litre jug for drinks
All of these are great little presents that I know most of my friends will get use out of and suit many budgets.